Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Grandma!

 This post is dedicated to my beloved grandma. Her name was Verna Eubank :) Born on August 23, 1928, and passed away November 28, 2011.
Yesterday was crazy! My mama phoned me while I was in the midst of shooting a roll of film for my upcoming photography class. She sent me a message and called to tell me that I needed to take her to the airport pronto. Her mom wouldn't make it past the today (which was yesterday).
While in the car, she was frantically calling her brothers and father. Her desire was to make it there before her mom met Jesus. She made it there about an hour late...
There's a big age gap between my older siblings and I. They would have more stories to share and memories to store. I loved her to pieces. She was a spunky, blue-eyed brunette. My brothers and sister may have the majority of favorite  treasured times tucked in their hearts, but I have her looks. Each of my brothers and sister are green/hazel eyed brown haired beauties, but oh no, not me!!! I have her blue eyes..and fine dark hair like the rest of my siblings. I still have her eyes though, right???
My grandma was sassy and I loved her to pieces.

Dear Jesus, please give her a bouquet of balloons from my stash up there. I pray for peace over each of my family members. Clothe my mom with strength, and keep her safe during her travels. Allow your comfort to encompass us. Prepare our hearts for what is to come.
-Love your daughter, Emily Ann Bachand
Dear Grandma, have a joyous time frolicking with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment