Sunday, April 22, 2012

An Opened Door


A girl sits in a coffee shop. She’s numb and in a daze- craving to be noticed. Unable to speak, but capable of writing, she composes a prolonged plea before the Lord. Needing a dependable foundation while everything else is diminishing, disappearing and dying; nothing in this world remains.  Seeking a strong and sturdy Comforter within a weakened and unreliable environment- the people- this earth:
            “Dear God,
I need you!  I’m strained. My hand is hurting and I want to stop writing, but I can’t. I have to talk to you. I want to see you. I need you!”
            With a demeanor reflecting her loss she traipses to the door. There’s a lack of energy to fight for joy. With affliction and melancholy- her invisible attendants- she heads home.
            That night she lingers into bed. Her brain is overactive. It’s uncontrollable-reluctant to wind down. Light is creeping through the cracks of the door. Is her brother still up?
            Her resolution being that: even if he was, he couldn’t help.”
Restless, the girl turns toward her dresser. Her cell phone is placed on top of it. She could call her sister, but, “Ohhhhh, it’s too late! I’d only wake her up.”
            Gaping at the ceiling while twirling her hair; fearing over future events she just can’t get to sleep…
            Two o’clock: She’s in bed and still awake. No one else is up. She’s alone. It’s dark. Her mind won’t turn off. Her desperation- to experience company- a desire to vent to someone- leads her to the Confidant.
            “God, I need you! It’s you and I, so come! Where are you?”
            Affirming His truth- a clear voice heard within her mind- He speaks, saying, ”I’ve got you. I’m holding you. You’re my daughter and I’ve got you cradled up in the palm of my hands. I hold you secured. You’re safe. Trust me! Do you hear?!”
            He questions her presence of faith: “Where are you?”
            He reiterates His enduring company and explains, “I yell to you at night and you don’t wake up. I call to you during the day and you don’t turn to look at me. I watch over you and you don’t feel my presence. I hold your hand and you don’t trust me.
            He challenges: “Where are you? You ask where I am, but I haven’t seen you for weeks. You sit on your bed, you watch TV, you play the piano, but you aren’t here!”
            He’s persistent: “I’m looking for you! Where is your heart?”
             Acknowledging Him, she confesses, “I don’t’ see you. I don’t feel you. You’ve gone away- I’ve heard you, but I haven’t experienced you.”
            Emphasizing His abiding faithfulness, He prompts, “Where is your trust? Am I not your Father? Have I not promised to never forsake you- abandon you and leave? I speak truth! I keep all my promises. I am here! You may not trust me! But I do; I trust in you to be everything I’ve envisioned you to be, since before you were born. You have purpose, because I crafted you with mighty intentions!“
            “When you scream ‘NO!’, I shout, ‘YES!’”
            “When you insist, ‘Please, not me’, I declare, ‘Surely, I choose you!’”
            “When you claim, ‘I am unable’, I proclaim, ‘I am able. I have limitless strength so you do too. Trust, because, surely I trust in you too.’”
            He professes His chase for her, by asserting, “I’ve pursued you all the days of your life. Come to me. Receive my mighty truth and live by it, my daughter. For, I am with you. Have faith and live!”
            Discovering peace she recognizes that He’s her man! She remains fully founded in His eternal embrace. Wholeheartedly she’s surrendered. His bride has pursued and He has been revealed.  Her door was opened and she’s susceptible to encountering her Husband, Father, Confidant, Comforter and Counselor. He loves, He knocks, and assuredly, like the rising of the sun, He will find! The wife is united with her faithful Husband and there’s fulfillment. There is value in His treasure so He will pursue- becoming visible before His child- His bride- His love- as they vulnerably chase Him

No comments:

Post a Comment