Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Experiencing to Fullest


The second link will lead you to "Open Me" sung by Shawn McDonald (sorry it's repeated). The first link plays a song by Jesus Culture, called "Dance With Me" (the first link). It paints an intimate setting that one can experience with God. You should listen to these before, during or after you read this post.


Perhaps the reason for experiencing God’s comforting presence for only a moment is due to the fact that I come with limited expectations. It’s not a sustaining feeling because I come asking to receive the peace that is unraveled in his abiding company. He’s defined as a husband too, yet I’ve given up pursuit of that characteristic. It’s a personality that frees an entirely new side of Him.

I’ve been viewing him only as a daddy; seeking refuge in His expanding arms. I haven’t confided entirely in Him. Swarming thoughts are rarely unleashed in our conversations. I set my worries aside; I think of them, but rarely speak of them out loud. Praying over other situations and for various friends and family members become my priority as we talk. I’ve neglected to reveal my personal thoughts and emotions to Him verbally until they’ve overwhelmed me. My perspective puts limitations on who God really is and all that He is capable of doing.

There are numerous passages in the Bible when God is illustrated as our Father. Each of us- you and I, are painted as his children. A child is usually discovered in the protective embrace of a father. A dad oversees the actions of his beloved children, protects, comforts, and disciplines each of them accordingly. These traits are revealed to be of God throughout the scriptures. In Hosea a new perspective is scrounged up. His love is also displayed in a manner that is similar to that of a husband’s.

This love is portrayed through “faithfulness” and “compassion”. When someone gets married his or her significant other becomes his or her confidant. The pair gradually reach an intimate level of communication; they confide in each other; a characteristic of God’s (a husband) that I’ve yet to take advantage of.

The last song ignited a vision beaming with clarity. Chasing after God’s presence is always an important quest to partake in. Once He’s discovered, embracing the comfort that exudes in his mighty company is a desire that claims victory over my actions. Surrendering any saddening discoveries, or joys of mine will provide an opening for the unwrapping of long lasting fulfillment. By capitulating my entire self to Him; allowing Him to “open me”; my eyes, ears, mind, and heart, I’ll be able to experience His ability to provide me with everything to the fullest.

Romans 8:14-19 “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, ‘Abba, Father’. For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.”

Galatians 4:6 “And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, ‘Abba, Father’. Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.”

Hosea 2:16 & 19-20 “ ‘When that day comes,’ says the LORD, ‘you will call me ‘my husband’ instead of ‘my master’… “I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as the LORD.”
Isaiah 54:5-6 “For your Creator will be your husband; the LORD of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth. For the LORD has called you back from your grief- as though you were a young wife abandoned by her husband,’ says your God”

No comments:

Post a Comment