Tuesday, January 24, 2012

YOU CAN!

'Courage is scrounging up the ability to bravely encounter difficulties. Boldness is non-hesitantly responding to an arising challenge. Courage enables one to act. Boldness is doing.' -Emily Ann Bachand
Boldness is what I crave- I fear (sometimes and most often) interacting, speaking up, and occasionally acting upon... Worried about a lack of clear speech, proclaiming laughable falsehoods and ceasing to exceed all expectations set up for me.

I want courage in contrast to the danger of merely recognizing and then pondering- knowing without striving to accomplish, achieve, or overcome.
Oh Lord, I thought I was going to laugh and instead I started to cry- a reaction she didn't expect. I didn't fathom myself responding in tears. I'd suspect nothing else, I suppose. My sister-friend claimed,
"Hey Em, I want to tell you something. It's been a reoccurring thought during the past few times we've hung out...YOU CAN! God says, 'you can'."
And so, I CAN BE BOLD! I CAN slay doubt, defeat worry, and cause fear to singe in the scorching, fiery flames of ____!
I CAN trust God to be with me. He is the ultimate source of emboldening. Through Him, because of Him I am able.
And everyone said....AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment