Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Seeking Serenity in the Stars

The only destination where I feel completely safe to lay outside during the night in solitude- my grandpa's ranch.
Phil Wickham's "You're Beautiful" was resounding in the background as my dad and I became entranced at the star-filled sky. Due to the fact that we're up in the mountains, however, chilly weather claimed victory over our actions and we escaped to seek the warmth that's discovered indoors.
My ultimate goal before leaving is to sit out there alone and be able to have my worship playlist on shuffle. Ideally, with God-given strength, I'd be outdoors for an extended length of time. My peppermint flavored coffee with a smidgen of 1/2 & 1/2 would be tucked in the palm of my hands; the steaming heat exuding from the mug would increase my ability to remain outside for a tad longer.
Having the capability of comfortably admiring the captivating artistry of God is what I'm preparing myself for- physically, mentally and spiritually. His craftsmanship is unfathomably remarkable.
God's artwork never ceases to withdraw an abundance of peace and serenity. This is what I aspire to chase. His calming presence is being sought after. I- His beloved daughter- am in desperate pursuit of discovering His companionship in a new setting.
Taking advantage of His enduring omnipresence is a fulfilling pursuit to partake in. Jesus was crucified so that we- His children may encounter a sustaining, and continually renewing relationship with Him. Accepting the gift enables one to experience God's magnificent self completely- ultimately providing an everlasting supply of restoration, rejuvenation and revival in each individual's heart.

Dear Father, I love you to pieces. I'm seeking after you, and am excited to date you in a new location. Lord, meet me where I'm at. Don't withhold your mighty self from me. Satisfy my every need at your will as you see best. Jesus, encountering you and discovering everlasting satisfaction in your company is what I'm pursuing.
Lord, I'm asking for strength, clarity of speech, patience, love, and an open heart. God, give me the uncontrollable ability to pour my whole self out to you. I pray for a diligence in listening to you as well. Tomorrow, and for the rest of the weekend I pray for clear night skies. Unleash the alluring beauty, and paint a masterpiece! Place within me a spirit of admiration for your wondrous workmanship. I pray for abiding peace to be unraveled in your company reflecting past and present times of encountering you.
I love you Jesus! Thank you for your unfathomable, enduring love and abounding grace.
-Love your daughter and bride Emily Ann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlTzH9xkXQ                  -'You'er Beautiful"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBjUauVenc&ob=av2e        -"Starry Night"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsx3zWfw41s                -"Come Up Here"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNjKLz380j8        -"Where We Belong"

No comments:

Post a Comment